CLICK HERE TO RSVP.
Who: Anyone with a bike… and the ability to ride it approximately 30 miles in five hours.
What: A bike ride.
When: Saturday June 4th @ 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Where: North Branch Trail - Caldwell Woods (Devon & Milwaukee) to the Chicago Botanical Garden and back.
Why: ‘Cause it’s either this or meetups at The Bean or a gay bar*.
The trip is a total of 30 miles. If you can’t/don’t want to ride that far feel free to meet up with us further up the trail but it’s up to you to figure out where and when. We leave at 10:00AM and head north at a leisurely pace. If it becomes necessary we may have a fast group and a slow group. Expected arrival at the Gardens is 12:00PM. It looks like there’s food at the Botanical Gardens but if you’re so inclined feel free to bring your own stuff and some blankets and we can picnic. Around 1:00 PM we’ll remount and head home. Those inclined to may join me for a hot dog when we get back****. Alcohol is not discouraged but you’re responsible for yourself if you drink too much to ride home safely. I have no idea what the Botanical Garden’s policy is and it’s probably low.
What to bring:
- A helmet is a good idea but I won’t tell you you can’t ride if you don’t. You’re an adult (probably) and you can make your own bad decisions.
- A working bike. Just because some of us may be mechanics doesn’t mean we want to fix your bike. If your bike is non-operational or operates poorly I will drop your ass on the side of the road.
- A patch kit/repair supplies. If you flat you’re going to need your own repair supplies and have at least a rudimentary idea of how to fix your own bike. I don’t like getting my hands dirty on the weekends**.
- Anti-sun shit. I know you white people burn - so bring stuff.
- A basic lock.
Here’s a map of the trail. I’m told it’s paved so get some slick tires for your bike. If I have to listen to your tires buzzing all day I’ll put my pump in your spokes and end the noise***.
*This isn’t a criticism… I had fun that night but… I’m not gay.
**My bicycles are fucking spotless and ready to ride 24/7.
***Yes, I’m an asshole but I’ll probably be outnumbered by nice people 10 to 1.
****Where there wil be a literal sausage-fest. I have not had a Super Dawg in ages.
- livelaughlovelocs likes this
- orangeschmorange reblogged this from taeblog and added:
- orangeschmorange likes this
- viconalia likes this
- rustbelts likes this
- chartier likes this
- streetsmarts likes this
- neighborhoodr-chicago reblogged this from thegreenurbanist
- victord1511 reblogged this from ndvrkevin
- victord1511 likes this
- ndvrkevin reblogged this from taeblog
- independentassortment likes this
- dbleeei reblogged this from thegreenurbanist
- solarpowerspork reblogged this from leahj and added:
- hm7 reblogged this from rideyourbike
- 122782 likes this
- ematerial reblogged this from rideyourbike
- rideyourbike reblogged this from taeblog
- rideyourbike likes this
- crhodey likes this
- alternrg likes this
- thegreenurbanist reblogged this from taeblog and added:
- leahj reblogged this from taeblog and added:
- fluctuat likes this
- taeblog posted this